Good pug, bad pug, I’ve got it all covered.
Like I wrote on Twitter, I thought I don’t have that much things to write about, and then I suddenly got an invite from a friend to heal his ICC-10 guild run. Apparently we’re not the only ones on Deathwing having low healer signups. ;)
The run was pretty cool, as expected from a guild run – the Gods of War folks there are more or less on the same progression level as my guild, so it went pretty much similar. We went through the first wing without much fuss, as the only bad thing I can remember was losing a roll on a staff with spirit, and I’m not that much bothered about it – I have one from ToC-10, the better one will drop sometime again, and /rolls are fair enough for me. After that we killed Festergut after sorting out the healing and after some tries on Rotface that was it since we were out of time. Overall, a nice run.
That was my second time healing ICC at all, and the first time in the new wings. A very interesting experience, even (or maybe especially) if I messed up a few times. I wasn’t the only one messing up though. ;)
We had a lot of problems on Rotface, which I think were due to not cleansing the Mutating Infection at all. That made healing the debuffed people unnecessarily hard, and led to some deaths. Still, I hope we can get the run going further today or tomorrow, as it was really fun running with them.
Another raid was for the weekly – being Ignis, it was really awesome. Or maybe I should say it differently. It was so bad that it was really awesome.
We had it all.
- A demolisher passenger pulling the adds before Flame Leviathan and therefore engaging Flame Leviathan with only one siege engine and two demolishers inside the room.
- Half of the group getting lost and going to kill a tower that was already disabled by talking to Brann at the start – therefore not being inside the room when we accidentally started the boss.
- The same demolisher passenger that was shooting everything that he shouldn’t and didn’t get me a single pyrite barrel even though I was basically standing in the middle of 10 of them. I ejected him from the passenger seat in front of Flame Leviathan because he was useless anyway.
- One tank where you should be having two, with a dps DK trying to grab all the adds (he failed a bit at it, but was really trying to do it as best as he could, so he’s excused).
- A mage with no enchants and empty sockets doing less dps (and damage) than the tank (incidentally the same person which was the demolisher passenger in the above fails).
- The same mage also kept saying “this time we’ll get him”. We finally replaced him to get a real offtank.
- The shadow priest saying “I have 10 fps that’s why my damage is so low” while he was second and doing 4.5k dps.
- And finally the so called “raid leader” looting the healing cloak to the paladin who lost it, ignoring two dps rolls and my higher healing roll as well. Fortunately Spellforce of the Gods of War guild is a cool person, so he offered (and even insisted when I said that I don’t really mind) to trade it to me. Thanks a lot. :)
Before this pug, I was quite surprised that hardly anyone pugs Ulduar. Now I’m not.