Like I wrote on Twitter, I thought I don’t have that much things to write about, and then I suddenly got an invite from a friend to heal his ICC-10 guild run. Apparently we’re not the only ones on Deathwing having low healer signups. ;)
The run was pretty cool, as expected from a guild run – the Gods of War folks there are more or less on the same progression level as my guild, so it went pretty much similar. We went through the first wing without much fuss, as the only bad thing I can remember was losing a roll on a staff with spirit, and I’m not that much bothered about it – I have one from ToC-10, the better one will drop sometime again, and /rolls are fair enough for me. After that we killed Festergut after sorting out the healing and after some tries on Rotface that was it since we were out of time. Overall, a nice run.
That was my second time healing ICC at all, and the first time in the new wings. A very interesting experience, even (or maybe especially) if I messed up a few times. I wasn’t the only one messing up though. ;)
We had a lot of problems on Rotface, which I think were due to not cleansing the Mutating Infection at all. That made healing the debuffed people unnecessarily hard, and led to some deaths. Still, I hope we can get the run going further today or tomorrow, as it was really fun running with them.
Another raid was for the weekly – being Ignis, it was really awesome. Or maybe I should say it differently. It was so bad that it was really awesome.
We had it all.
- A demolisher passenger pulling the adds before Flame Leviathan and therefore engaging Flame Leviathan with only one siege engine and two demolishers inside the room.
- Half of the group getting lost and going to kill a tower that was already disabled by talking to Brann at the start – therefore not being inside the room when we accidentally started the boss.
- The same demolisher passenger that was shooting everything that he shouldn’t and didn’t get me a single pyrite barrel even though I was basically standing in the middle of 10 of them. I ejected him from the passenger seat in front of Flame Leviathan because he was useless anyway.
- One tank where you should be having two, with a dps DK trying to grab all the adds (he failed a bit at it, but was really trying to do it as best as he could, so he’s excused).
- A mage with no enchants and empty sockets doing less dps (and damage) than the tank (incidentally the same person which was the demolisher passenger in the above fails).
- The same mage also kept saying “this time we’ll get him”. We finally replaced him to get a real offtank.
- The shadow priest saying “I have 10 fps that’s why my damage is so low” while he was second and doing 4.5k dps.
- And finally the so called “raid leader” looting the healing cloak to the paladin who lost it, ignoring two dps rolls and my higher healing roll as well. Fortunately Spellforce of the Gods of War guild is a cool person, so he offered (and even insisted when I said that I don’t really mind) to trade it to me. Thanks a lot. :)
Before this pug, I was quite surprised that hardly anyone pugs Ulduar. Now I’m not.
Eh, what? Very patient? Me?
That must be some mistake then. Silly post office, even in Azeroth you can’t trust them.
I like the pet, but I still think the Core Hound I got from the authenticator is cuter. I like the mail as well, and I think it’s the first time even though they’ve sent it from “WoW Dev Team”, not from some NPC like Breanni.
So, apparently the blog had it’s first birthday a few days ago, and me, in my whole post-holiday confused state of mind, totally forgot about it. Oh well. If I had one New Year’s wish to make, I’d wish for myself to write more posts here. We’ll see how that goes. ;)
It’s not like I don’t have any real excuses for lack of posts, though. First thing that was on my mind for much of the whole holiday break, was levelling my shaman Misaka I’ve mentioned last time. In the last few weeks I’ve levelled her from 20 something to 77, and I’m working on getting her to 80 and geared at least somewhat appropriately for our Undergeared project before this Saturday. Should be a totally possible goal now that I think about it.
On my main server I’ve had a few things to do as well, especially after the New Year, as I’ve been volunteered to become an officer of my guild, and I’ve accepted the offer. After that, I’ve had my head a bit full with raids, catching up with the forums, managing DKP for the runs, and other things like that. The guild got a bunch of new recruits all from one of the other guilds (we haven’t fished for them really, they just weren’t happy there), and we managed to switch our raiding focus to consistently having two 10-man groups each week, and also clear the first wing of Icecrown on 25-man without too much problems.
That would be about it for now. I’m back to getting level 78 and unlocking the Sons of Hodir once again, and then I have an Ulduar raid to run, to maybe finally get my last Sigil.